Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Paintings on Canvas

I don't get to paint oysters on canvas very much, since the demand for the mixed media work is so high, but I had a chance recently this past week.  These are wonderful to pick up for gifts or to put on easels around the house.  I like to paint a two-toned "aged" appearance on my backgrounds.  I think it makes it look more dimensional and interesting.  I've done different colors, but I am really liking this aged blue (below).


"Oyster on Blue", 4x6 Original Oil on Canvas, $22.50

"Oyster Trio", 6x12 Original Oil on Canvas, $60

Lastly, I'd like to welcome "Very Vintage", who has set up a little retail shop in the front part of my studio space.  Someone to share the rent - yay!!!  They have brought in antique furniture, rugs, home decor, prints -- all to set off their FABULOUS collection of antique and vintage jewelry.  The shop is open Wednesday through Saturday 11-5 and by appointment.  I have learned a lot in just a couple of weeks about vintage jewelry designers and fads and fashions of the past.  The bad thing is, every time I walk through to get to my art studio, I see something else I "need"!  :)  Come check it out.  We'd both love to see you.

No comments: