Thursday, September 29, 2011

Local Pottery

I am working to transition my working studio into a shared space for art gallery/retail.  I will offer my original oils on canvas, fine art prints, my mixed media oil artwork and my hand-cut tin pieces (angels, crosses, etc).  I also have a few home decor items I've picked up here and there - candlesticks made from old porch spindles, mirrors made from antique wood moulding, antique dough bowls, lamps made from antique ballusters, antique tin and wood picture frames and anything else that I find that's made from antique wood and tin! 

I will also be offering a few pieces from other local artists.  Today, I'd like you to introduce you to my mother, Suzanne Fox.  She started creating pottery when I was just a little girl (I won't bother to tell you how long ago THAT was!!!) and would take me along to local outdoor art shows.  She now lives in Fairhope and creates beautiful pottery at the Eastern Shore Art Center.  We normally share booths at art exhibitions, since her pottery compliments my artwork perfectly.  I selected several of her pieces to put in my shop.  Here are a few, pictured below.


Blue Crab Trivet, Wheel Thrown with Hand-Painted Design, $20.

Tiny Soap Dish, with Local Honey Soap, $8.


Small Pitcher, Blue over Black Glaze on Tan Clay, $20.

Small cups (tea or sake'?), Blue over Black Glaze, $8 each or $15 for both.

Wood fired vase, Summer 2011 Fairhope Anagama Kiln Firing, $20.



6" Soap Dish, Molded and Stamped Design, Coffee Cream Glaze, $10.

To see the rest, come by and see me.  My studio hours will be 10:00-2:00  Tuesday through Friday.

No comments: