Thursday, September 29, 2011

Impressionistic Portrait

"Lane Children", 30x40 oil on gallery wrapped canvas, Private Commission.


Here is my latest commissioned oil portrait.  This sweet mom wanted me to paint with very thick oil paint in an impressionistic style.  I just love it!!!  It's so much fun to move paint around with a palette knife.  This portrait is truly best appreciated when seen in person as the waves and the clothing is very textured and the oil paint in the water gives it wonderful depth.

I used a snapshot she took of the children at the beach and took it from there.  It's painted on a 30x40 "gallery wrapped" canvas (meaning the sides of the canvas are a couple of inches thick and the painting extends onto the sides).  She said her walls in her den are white and this painting will really pop in her home.  I truly can't wait to see.

If you have a photograph from the summer you think would make a lovely oil portrait, I'd love to take a look.  Sizes range from 8x10 to 30x40 and larger.  I have VERY limited openings for Christmas gifts, so if you think you MIGHT be interested in commissioning something, please let me know NOW.  I'd be happy to meet with you in my studio to discuss your artistic vision. 

No comments: