Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Work!

New Work

I worked on several new pieces today - until the power went out with the big thunderstorm that rolled through!


Here is a blue crab.  He's mounted to old wood salvaged from an Atmore, AL farmhouse built in 1904.  I love the contrast between the bright paint and the old wood.


This was commissioned from an out-of-town client that specifically requested a pink azalea on a pink antique tin tile.  Luckily for her, I had one pink tile left! 


Here's an oyster mounted to vintage tin.  It reminds me of putting oysters in an old tin washtub.  This shell was collected from a pile of oysters in Bayou La Batre, AL.  I always look at real shells for the authentic shapes and colors.



Here's two more Bayou La Batre oysters on that old Atmore farmhouse wood.  And, yes, that long skinny shell really looked that way in real life!  It goes perfect on that long narrow piece of wood.


And, as long promised, here is Middle Bay Lighthouse.  It's mounted to an antique tin ceiling tile which serves as a frame.  It wasn't so easy to paint, with it's angles and such, but I really like the way it turned out.  I also think I might make one on antique wood, too.  Just for a different, more rustic look.


I have been updating Facebook lately, instead of this blog, but I am going to try to do better.  This will make it easier to keep up with my new work and current stock, since it changes so frequently.  Please contact me if you are interested in any of these pieces.  Or, visit my website http://www.rabbitcreekstudios.net/ for other ideas.

No comments: