Monday, June 27, 2011

Chop Saw!

Guess what I learned to use yesterday?  My new chop saw!!!  It was a birthday present from my brother (received in October!).  I've been a little intimidated to use it, but after I got the hang of it, I cut over 75 linear feet of antique wood this weekend!  Look for new work on antique porchboards, beadboard, molding, tongue and groove, pine, cypress, oak, etc.  I do love the smell of sawdust!



When taking apart an old vintage door, I turned over a piece of wood and found this cool "B"!  I absolutely LOVE the look of it!  If anyone in my family had a "B" in their name, I'd hang it up somewhere.  But, no.  If only if it was an "A" for Allen!  That's why I love using vintage and antique materials in my artwork.  They all have a history and have been used in the past for another purpose.  I think that's really cool.  So, if you know anyone that could use a "B", please put them in contact with me.  I'll sell it cheap! :)


I hope you all had a good weekend.  My husband and 11 year old son went kayaking on Rabbit Creek on Saturday morning.  They took a few neat photographs I thought I would share.

Pond Cypress - My husband loves these trees!

Bridge over Rabbit Creek - Cool reflection!

This yellow flower is blooming everywhere along the river!
Off to go create some new artwork with all the great wood I cut this weekend...  Photos to follow!  Have a great Monday.

No comments: