Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Rollin' on the River

As some of you know from Facebook, I was able to take advantage of a warm day here in the Deep South and take a boat ride on Rabbit Creek.  I wanted to try out a new camera I got for Christmas.  I got some neat photos, as the river is always changing.
Water wearing away this stump makes it look like a flower pot.

This log looks like a horse!

I like the bare trees.

Even bridges can make an interesting design element.

My husband has a real interest in trees, especially the cypress trees that grow along the water's edge.  He really loves the cypress "knees" that grow from the roots of the tree.  I was able to zoom in on a few clusters of them and got a good shot of one spot in color and the other, I thought looked good in black and white.





My husband, grew up on the river - boating and fishing from an early age.  He asked me to get a shot of this old sign.

As the sun breaks out, all the pines and cypress are silhouetted.  We are blessed to live in a beautiful area of the country and being on the water cures a lot of "what ails ya".

I pray for a Happy and Healthy New Year for you all!  Bring on 2013!!!  May it be filled with love, laughter and, of course, beautiful things - like art!  :)

No comments: