Friday, October 14, 2011

Sacred Heart Chapel Commission

I got a call from the "always entertaining" Mike Lyons over at Lyons Share Gallery in Fairhope, AL.  He had a customer that wanted to commission a mixed media painting of Sacred Heart Chapel, located right on Mobile Bay off Scenic Hwy 98 right outside of Fairhope.  But, the customer couldn't decide if she wanted the chapel painting mounted on an antique tin ceiling tile or antique wood.  So, I gave her a call and told her I'd make both and send them over to the gallery where she could then choose her favorite.  She was delighted with the idea and I am more than happy to do whatever it takes to make my art patrons completely satisfied with their artwork.

Here is the chapel on wood:

12x20" Oil on hand-cut metal, mounted to Antique Wood salvaged from Atmore, AL farmhouse 1907.

Here it is on tin:


12x12" Oil on hand-cut metal, mounted to antique tin ceiling tile, over 100 years old.

Anyone want to take a guess on which one she chooses?  I have my guess already....

No comments: