Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Laissez les bons temps rouler


A friend of mine was the recent president of a local Mardi Gras organization.  After all the festivities were over, she wanted to present gifts to all the officers that helped make their year so successful.  She showed me some snapshots of all the ladies, dressed in various bright costumes, holding flags, and coming out to get on their floats. 

For their gifts, she wanted some small abstract paintings that conveyed "the busyness" and revelry of that day.  So, instead of stretched canvas, I chose some gallery wrapped 4x4 hardboard panels to give it a modern feel.  After several attempts (abstracts are NOT always easy), I finally captured the look and feel of what she wanted.  I really love these and my friend does too!  And, these ladies will have a nice piece of artwork to help them remember a fabulous day.  Laissez les bons temps rouler!

No comments: