Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cathedral Commission


I received a commission from Ashland Gallery for artwork of The Cathedral, but in a smaller size than was currently hanging at the gallery.  I finished it up today and brought it down to midtown Mobile, along with a few other items.  For those that are interested, The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception is located in downtown Mobile, AL and was built in 1835.  It has beautiful architecture and I have attended many a wedding here.  This is my finished piece:



Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, oil on metal on 12x12 antique tin ceiling tile, $150.

I also painted St. Joseph Chapel .  It's located on the campus of Spring Hill College, which is the 3rd oldest Jesuit Catholic college in the United States.  This is a smaller size than what I normally create, making it a perfect size for a wedding gift.  My husband and I were married here, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

St. Joseph Chapel, oil on hand-cut metal, on 12x12 antique tin ceiling tile, $150.
 Lastly, I brought some various oyster pieces to keep them stocked up.  They also requested some more "hot sauce" and okra pieces, so I'd better paint some more soon!

"Oyster", oil on hand-cut metal, on wood from a vintage door, 5x5, $45.

"Oyster Trio", oil on metal, on natural, antique beadboard salvaged from Atmore, AL farmhouse built in 1907, $89.


"Oyster", oil on metal, on natural beadboard salvaged from Atmore AL farmhouse 1907, 5x6, $45.
So, if you need a wedding gift or some artwork for your house, stop by Ashland Gallery and take a look around.  They have toys (my boys can't stop playing with the "Bucky Balls"), frames, Ugly Dolls, gifts and, of course, fabulous art.  Go by and check it out!

No comments: