Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School!

Ok, I've finally gotten the boys back to school and have some time to get things done and to create some artwork!  I have lots of plans for new pieces -- I just have to decide which to start with first.  Fish, florals, churches, crabs -- all on the list.  Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see!

Here's a few single oysters I got done a few weeks ago in between playdates, swim team, and sports camps!  I had a commission for a single oyster on a white or natural background.  I decided to make several for her to choose from.  She said she wanted to hang it in her bathroom - which I think is awesome!


Here are the ones on the "natural backgrounds".  I used beadboard tongue and groove, rough cut cypress and the blueish gray one is a porch board.  All from a farmhouse in Atmore, AL built in 1907 and damaged beyond repair by Hurricane Ivan. 


Here are the ones on the "white" backgrounds.  I used antique tin ceiling tiles on two and a piece of wood from an old vintage door on the other one.

As always, I choose real shells (looking at shape, size and coloring) to complement the "canvas" on which the artwork is mounted.  All of these are approximately 6x6" and retail for $45.  If you'd like to see a close-up of your favorite, just email me at jallen1919@gmail.com.

Oh yes, as for the client, she chose the middle oyster on the white tin ceiling tile.  I hope it looks fabulous in her home.

No comments: