Monday, July 20, 2009

Fish Commission

A client had been looking for some artwork for her son's room - above two twin beds. She saw one of my redfish pieces at the Lyon's Share Gallery in Fairhope and had an idea for a commission. She brought the fish fabric she had used in the bedroom to the gallery and gave the approximate size needed. After a few phone calls back and forth, I set out to find the perfect mount for her fish (she had chosen two off the fabric sample). After several trips to the antique dealer and much digging, I found some beautiful shutters in the perfect size. Problem was, they were kelley green. The client had said she wanted something natural. I proceeded to spend many hours and supplies on trying to strip the shutters myself, to no avail. I finally had them professionally stripped and it really shows off the beautiful antique pine. I just delivered them last week and they looked fabulous in her son's room. She even emailed me a photo to show me how they looked all hung up over the beds. This was a really fun project and getting to meet her two precious boys that will enjoy the fish was priceless!







1 comment:

Lydia said...

Wow those look fantastic!
what a great boys room.