Saturday, May 25, 2013

More Oysters!!!!


I've been painting several oysters on canvas lately to get ready for a trip over to Florida to replenish work at a gallery there.  If you are ever in Grayton Beach, go check out Lily Pads - lots of art and great interior decor.

Here is what I believe is my favorite.  It's on a 10x10" gallery wrapped canvas.  I left the paint loose and thick and I love the color combination.  I think I might paint one similar in a much larger size!  I normally coat the canvas in a thick, glossy resin to finish the look, but I think I really just like this one just as it is.
"Oyster on Gray", 10x10" original acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, by Jennifer F. Allen
If you are interested in this piece of artwork or one like it, please visit my website www. rabbitcreekstudios.net.  I am in the process of updating the art gallery portion with my newest work.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend - please pause and remember those who have fallen to defend our freedoms.

No comments: